La version 1.4 de scanimage vient de sortir sous une licence largement inspirée de la LGPL pour le code leur appartenant et n'étant pas couvert par des brevets de tierces parties.
Certaines parties sont fournies en binaire et le reverse-engeeniering est interdit ... "However, [...] EPSON [...] give permission to reverse engineer the Program in those cases, [...] where this is required by the terms stipulated in the GNU Library General Public License or GNU Lesser General Public License"
Merci à tiennou pour la news
We greatly thank you for your patronage of our products and services.
Our own download services for supported models, after undergoing a major revamp in terms of our General Public License (GPL) problem, are finally back on our website and running soon.
We have temporally closed the services due to the fact that our products were against GPL, however the problem has been settled, with all related parties' support.
We deeply regret any inconvenience you have experienced, and hope that you will enjoy our services again.
Our corrective action has been running smoothly to the finishing line, and we are pleased to inform you that we are sequentially relaunching our download services from Friday, October 18th.
Voici une "verbatim copy" de la licence
EPSON KOWA PUBLIC LICENCE
This Licence applies to any program or other work identified as such at the point of distribution and/or in a suitable location in the sources for a work including it, for example in a README file. Such sources should include a verbatim copy of this Licence.
The "Program", below, refers to any program or work covered by this Licence; each "Licensee" is addressed as "you".
You may use, reproduce, modify and distribute the Program subject to the terms and conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
1. Copyright of the Program is reserved by EPSON KOWA Corporation and its Licensor(s).
2. You may freely reproduce and distribute verbatim copies of the Program in any medium, provided that recipients of such copies are given a copy of this Licence. Verbatim copies are covered by the terms of this Licence.
3. You may modify the Program and freely distribute your modified version(s), provided that you distribute it under the terms of this Licence. Recipients of any modified version(s) should be provided with a copy of this Licence.
4. You shall treat those parts of the Program that were provided to you in executable or object code only as the proprietary and confidential information of EPSON KOWA Corporation and its Licensor(s).
5. You may neither reverse engineer, reverse compile, reverse assemble nor otherwise attempt to analyse those parts of the Program that were provided to you in executable or object code only. However, as a special exception EPSON KOWA Corporation and its Licensor(s) give permission to reverse engineer the Program in those cases, and only those cases, where this is required by the terms stipulated in the GNU Library General Public License or GNU Lesser General Public License, both as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the former licence, version 2.1 of the latter licence, or (at your option) any later version.
6. Because the program is licensed free of charge, there is NO WARRANTY for the program, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Except when otherwise stated in writing, the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the program "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with you. Should the program prove defective, you assume the cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
7. In no event unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing will any copyright holder, or any other party who may modify and/or redistribute the program as permitted above, be liable to you for damages, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the program (including but not limited to loss of data or data being rendered inaccurate or losses sustained by you or third parties or a failure of the program to operate with any other programs), even if such holder or other party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.