Ca y est, OpenOffice 1.1 Beta vient de sortir. Pas de grandes modifications depuis le 683C build, mis à part une barre de progression sur le splash screen, la possibilité de faire un mail PDF et plein de petites modifications mineures. Voici les nouveaux changements :
* The splash screen now has a progress bar.
* PDF export.
* Ability to mail a document as PDF.
* DocBook XML import/export.
* Support for mobile device formats (AportisDoc (Palm),Pocket Word and Pocket Excel).
* Support for exporting as a flat XML file.
* XHTML export.
* OpenOffice.org ActiveX Control (Windows only).
* Additional property pages for OpenOffice.org file types in Windows Explorer.
* Accessibility support.
* Improved configurability of dialogs and toolbars.
* Configurable font for HTML and BASIC source code.
* Improved online help (F1).
* Autodetection of newly installed languages for spellchecker, thesaurus and hyphenator.
* Support for copy/paste of bitmap graphics on Unix.
* A new java-native-uno bridge with up to 10 times better performance.
* Improved URL autocompletion in hyperlink dialog.
* The context menu now contains 'Open Hyperlink' if opened on a URL.
* Locking of user installations against accesses from multiple machines with shared directories.
* Command line tools and an API for importing configuration data into the backend.
* Document windows are now always created in a cascade to avoid new window completely overlapping the old one.
* Support for registering add-ons and accessing add-ons via an auto-generated menu.
* New FTP file access component.
* The registration dialog will now display instead of addressbook data source selection on first run.
* Accessibility support for Windows
* Support for recovering slightly damaged OpenOffice.org files.
* Detection of a misconfigured Java installation.
* New ppd file for generic postscript printing with type42 font support.
* Support for configuring font rendering via environment variables.
* support for Complex Text Layout (CTL) and vertical writing languages such as Thai, Hindi, Arabic and Hebrew.
* Support for various 8-bit Arabic and Hebrew text encodings / code pages.
* Support for the KOI8_U encoding.
* New CTL options tab in language options dialog.
* Rescue mode support for BiDi/CTL with X11 fonts.
* Sequence Input Checking (SIC) for languages like Thai and Hindi.
* Initial glyph fallback support.
* Enhanced footnote support.
* Improved hyperlink support for TOCs.
* Improved keyboard handling in toolboxes.
* Plain text files will now be imported using a non-proportional font.
* Alternative language support for spell check on text drawing object.
* SWF (Flash) export.
* Import and export of areas in charts in Excel files that are formatted with bitmaps, textures or hatchings.
* The sum button inserts a sum function or a subtotal function, depending on context.
* Table control via keyboard navigation in table designer.
* Added ability to switch off brackets for bibliography fields.
* New database type in data source administration dialog - MySQL.
* Ability to add labels to field names in the report wizard.
* A data source can now use any character set known to OpenOffice.org.
* UI support for user installed database drivers.